It's possible to send a number of different emails from your TouchRight account, for example:
- Email an appointment reminder to tenant or landlord
- Email a finalised report to tenant or landlord
- Email a report out to gather comments and signature to tenant or landlord
We have a number of different options for sending these emails, which are summarised below.
Outgoing Email Server
To put it simply, an outgoing mail server takes care of the delivery process of your emails, transferring them from your client or webmail to another computer – the inbound server – where your recipient can pick it up. It’s more or less like a digital mailman. If you have the option to access your outgoing mail server settings, we would always recommend you add them in TouchRight, so that you can guarantee your emails will be sent through your own servers, and are less likely to end up in a junk folder.
When you choose to send emails from your TouchRight account, you have the option to configure your outgoing mail server, so that your emails appear as though they come through your own email server.
To do this, you need to follow these steps (please note this must be done by an Account Owner):
- Login to TouchRight and click My Account/Account Settings.
- Scroll down to the 'SMTP Configuration' section.
- Click the '+' button to open the section, and then add the details below. If you have an IT company who looks after your email services they should be able to help you with this information. Otherwise if you manage your own email settings, you should be able to get these details from your email provider. You will need:
- Outgoing Host Server (example: smtp-mail.outlook.com)
- Outgoing Port Number (example: 587)
- Security Type (example SSL)
- User Name (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password (this would be the password associated with your email account)
- Once the details have been added, click the 'Validate & Save' button (as shown below).